Welcome to Revolution!
These general terms and conditions (the “General Terms and Conditions”) form an agreement between you and Virgin Active Revolution Italia S.r.l. Unipersonale, having registered office in Via Privata Archimede 2, Corsico (Milan) (“Revolution”) and govern the purchase and enjoyment of the services offered by Revolution.
* * *
1. PURCHASE AND BOOKING – WAITING LIST – MEDICAL CERTIFICATE
1.1. You may purchase your ride class (the “Ride/s”) after having created an account through the application for mobile devices (the “Revolution App”) or through our www.revolutioncycle.it website (the “Website” and, collectively with the Revolution App, the “Platform”).
1.2. Please remember that, to book your Ride, you must purchase it; at the moment of your booking, you will be charged the price, based on the provisions of these General Terms and Conditions.
1.3. To book a Ride through the Platform you must: (i) login; (ii) insert the selected Ride in the “virtual basket”, by clicking on the specific button; and (iii) select one of the methods of payment under article 2 of the General Terms and Conditions.
1.4. To purchase a Ride you must be at least 18 years old. If your age is between 16 and 18 years old, you may create an account and purchase Rides exclusively upon the consent and under the supervision of a parent or of the person acting in such capacity.
1.5. Upon completion of the purchase, you will receive a confirmation email, together with the relevant electronic invoice and a QR – Code will be generated at the same time, which you will need to access the Studio.
1.6. By purchasing the Ride you will be entitled to the so-called “Courtesy Kit” including: (i) cycling shoes; (ii) a Studio towel and a Shower towel; together with a bottle of still water. Collect the “Courtesy Kit” at the Studio’s reception a few minutes before the Ride, turning up with the QR – Code obtained during the purchase. For some Rides we will also provide you with a “cardio” wristband.
1.7. In purchasing the Ride, you may also hire a “Technical Kit” including cyclist shorts and a technical t-shirt.
2. Booking and waiting list
2.1. You may book starting from the 7th (seventh) day prior to the beginning of the Ride and until 15 (fifteen) minutes before it starts. During the booking, you may choose the bike you prefer the most, based on residual availability, consult schedule details, the instructor, the duration and the features of each single Ride. Please consult the Platform regularly to be always updated on schedules, timetable, prices and master rider.
2.2. If there is no further availability of bikes for the Ride you wish to attend, you may in any event purchase the Ride you wish, thus putting yourself in a waiting list. As soon as there is a free place, you will be informed that you may attend the Ride at least 4 (four) hours prior to the beginning of the Ride, by email and/or through an alert in your Revolution App. Otherwise, you will be credited the amount paid in your Wallet (as defined below).
2.3. To cancel your Ride, please see article 4.1. of the General Terms and Conditions.
3. Medical CertificateTo attend a Ride you must have a medical certificate proving that you are fit to do high intensity cardiovascular exercise. Please remember to give the original medical certificate to the Studio’s reception at your first Ride. Upon failure on your side to produce the medical certificate, we reserve the right to prevent you from attending the Ride and, in such case, you will not be entitled to be reimbursed.
2. CONSIDERATION – METHODS OF PAYMENT – USE OF THE “WALLET”
1. The price for the Revolution services, mentioned during the purchase process, is shown in Euros, VAT included, and will be charged to you at the moment of booking. The price for the Rides may change, for instance, based on the relevant training schedule, types of Ride, trainer, timetable and attendance.
2. You may make your purchase through the following methods of payment:
(i) Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards. All transactions take place through the security circuits of the above-mentioned credit cards, thus ensuring the security of your purchases;
(iii) subtracting the relevant amount from the “Credits” uploaded onto your virtual wallet (the “Wallet”).
3. You may top up your Wallet from a minimum amount of Credits equal to Euro 50.00 (fifty/00). Please note that your Wallet will have a duration of 1 (one) year starting from the last recorded transaction (top up or use for purchase). A month prior to the expiry of the Wallet, you will receive an email and/or an alert reminding you to use it to avoid losing the availability. The credit in your Wallet cannot be converted into cash or transferred to another Revolution account.
3. RULES OF BEHAVIOUR – “KIT” – CARE OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
1. You are kindly invited to comply with the provisions issued from time to time by Revolution on the rules of operation of the Studio (the “Internal Regulation”) published on the Platform, as well as with the customary rules of prudence.
2. To fully live your Ride experience it is fundamental to respect the timetable.
Being late: you may access the Ride until 5 (five) minutes after it starts. If you are more than 5 (five) minutes late, for your safety, you may no longer attend the Ride and you will not be reimbursed the price paid.
Early exit: if you need to abandon the Ride before the end of the lesson, please inform the trainer before the beginning of the Ride.
3. Treat the “Courtesy Kit” and the “Technical Kit” with care throughout the Ride.
4. At the end of the Ride you must return the Courtesy Kit and/or the hired Technical Kit at reception.
In case of any damage and/or failed return of the Courtesy Kit and/or of the Technical Kit, or of a part thereof, you will be charged an amount by way of penalty (cycling shoes: Euro 250.00; towels: Euro 50.00; “cardio” wristband: Euro 200.00; cyclist shorts: Euro 120.00; technical t-shirt: Euro 120.00).
5. Revolution makes lockers available, where you may put your personal belongings. Therefore, Revolution will not be liable for the theft, loss or damage of money or goods you may own, save for the event of wilful misconduct or gross negligence.
4. CANCELLATION POLICIES
1. Your Ride cancellation
If you were to decide not to attend a Ride, please remember to cancel it, thus enabling other users to attend the Ride in your place. You may cancel your Ride up to 24 (twenty-four) hours before the beginning of the Ride and you will be credited the price paid in your Wallet.
2. Ride cancellation by Revolution
Revolution, nel caso di sopravvenute problematiche tecniche, si riserva il diritto di cancellare le Ride in programma. In tal caso, ti avviseremo dell’avvenuta cancellazione per e-mail e/o con una notifica sull’App Revolution e ti riaccrediteremo il prezzo pagato sul tuo Wallet.
3. “Burn Up” Package – Right of withdrawal
4.3.1. Exclusively in case of purchasing the “Burn Up” package, that is a ‘cardio’ training programme to lose weight together with the advice of a nutritionist, you will be entitled to withdraw, without mentioning the reasons therefor, no later than 14 (fourteen) days following the date of purchase of the “Burn Up” package.
4.3.2. To exercise the right of withdrawal, within the above-mentioned term, please copy, fill in and send the following form to the address shown by recorded delivery letter with advice of delivery or by a Certified Email System (PEC):
Virgin Active Revolution Italia S.r.l. Unipersonale
Via Privata Archimede n. 2
20094 - CORSICO (Milan)
[Recorded delivery letter with advice of delivery or Certified Email System (PEC) to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org]
The undersigned [*] hereby declares the intention to withdraw from the agreement for the sale of the “Burn Up” package purchased on [*].
Name and surname [*]
Signature (only if the form is sent on paper)
*Fill in the fields marked with an asterisk.
4.3.3. Once the right of withdrawal has been correctly exercised, Revolution will reimburse you for the amount paid in your Wallet, without delay and, in any event, no later than 14 (fourteen) days starting from the day on which we become aware of your decision to exercise the right of withdrawal.
5. PROTECTION OF YOUR DATA
6. GOVERNING LAW, COMPETENT JURISDICTION AND ODR
6.1. These General Terms and Conditions are fully governed by Italian law.
6.2. The judge of the place of residence or of domicile of the consumer, if located in the territory of the Italian State under article 66-bis of Legislative Decree No. 205/2006 (the so-called “Consumer Code”) will have jurisdiction over any dispute related to the interpretation, performance and termination of the agreement between you and Revolution. Residually, the Courts of Milan will have exclusive jurisdiction.
6.3. Alternatively, you may choose to access the platform for the out-of-court dispute resolution granted by the European Commission, at the following website http://ec.europa.eu/odr